Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Warning - disjointed blog ahead!

Aloha friends!

This blog has been a long time in the making. Even though I enjoy sharing my adventures with my family and other travel enthusiasts my main reason for writing blogs is to remember all of the amazing places we get to visit, because it's amazing how fast you start forgetting all the little details that turn a good day into a great one.

Anyway, that's why when I travel I'm often up late at night jotting down the narrative for my blog. This trip was no different except we rarely had internet access and I opted to just post everything to the blog later. Big mistake!

Our house got broken into shortly after we returned home and my travel laptop was gone. Poof! Not coming back. All my narrative and most of the underwater footage were forever gone (I may or may not have shed a tear or two about this). I should've started jotting things down there and then, but I still held out hope that the police would be able to retrieve it and with every passing day the thought of starting over became more daunting.

So here we are ... a year has passed and in a few weeks time we get to go back (Yay!). I know my mind will get even fuzzier once we start making new memories so I've started to piece things back together.

Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I'm very curious.
    First I'll try if I can still post a comment.
    Love,

    Joeve

    ReplyDelete